When you get approved as a DJ on Cueup, you'll show up in the search results. Your Cueup rank determines your position in the search results and how often customers see you. A good rank means you'll get more gigs.
How to improve your rank
Improving your rank is easy. First, make sure that you have a detailed profile, and next, remember to respond to gigs.
- Add photos and videos. Images are crucial for convincing someone to book you. When was the last time you bought something without knowing how it looked? Add photos of your setup and previous gigs you've played. Plus points for a full dancefloor.
- Set your hourly rate. Organizers prefer DJs that display some pricing. That way they'll know if you're within their budget or if they are wasting your time reaching out. Set your hourly rate in your settings in the app.
- Write a good bio. Having a well-formulated biography makes you more professional. Describe how you got started and what makes you unique as a DJ.
- Upload mixtapes or connect SoundCloud. Similar to images, having a good mixtape is a convincing way to show your skills. If the organizer likes your sound, chances are they'll book you right away.
- Pick the right music genres. You'll rank for the genres you choose on your profile, but selecting many genres will hurt your rank. For example, if someone searches for "disco", the DJ who has just chosen disco shows up before a DJ who has selected disco + multiple other genres.
- Get reviews. Having reviews on your profile improves your rank, but it also gives a massive advantage when organizers look at multiple DJs. Learn how to use your direct booking link to add gigs to your profile.
- Add testimonials. Testimonials are the next best things to reviews and can make the difference between you and another DJ. Ask some of your previous clients if they can send you comments about your performance, and use that as testimonials.
- Respond to gigs using the chat and send offers. You must respond to customers; otherwise, contacting you does not matter. Make sure that you are responsive and don't take days to respond. Download our app for DJs to never miss a gig.
- Become a Pro member. Being a Pro shows that you're serious about DJing and will improve your rank. It also allows you to reach out directly to organizers or share your contact information before they confirm the gig.
Making a professional profile can take time, but it's worth every second when you get that first gig.